Bible Study Question Starters
(c) 2010 Doug Britton, LMFT (Permission granted to print for personal use)
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
(Note: These questions are adapted from, How to Lead a Christ-Centered Small Group.)
These questions can help you better understand the word and help it come alive in you.
General Bible study questions
- What do you think is the key message of this chapter?
- What did you learn from this chapter?
- Which point in this chapter spoke to you the most?
- Why do you think God included this chapter in the Bible? What's the point?
- Do any of these truths written thousands of years ago apply today? If so, which ones? How do they apply?
- Are there truths in this chapter that contradict the ideas we hear in the world? If so, what are they?
- Is there something in this chapter that surprised you? If so, how were you surprised?
- Are there any verses in this chapter that confuse you or that seem to contradict other parts of the Bible?
- In view of what we have read, what changes do you think God would want you to make in your attitude, words, or actions?
"What is one passage" Bible study questions
- What is one passage that encourages you? How does it encourage you?
- What is one passage that inspires you? How does it inspire you?
- What is one passage that convicts you of sin? How does it convict you?
- What is one passage that challenges you to change? How does it challenge you?
"Who/what/when" Bible study questions
- Who wrote this passage?
- What is the message of this passage?
- When was it written?
- Where was it written?
- Why was it written? What was the purpose?
- How can I apply the message to my life?